Why work for us
It’s not just your new job that you will find rewarding. Working for us means you will have a really good benefits package, as well as receiving a firm commitment to your future development.
If you come to work with us, we will offer you a challenging and responsible role, a competitive salary and a range of other benefits. Here are just a few of the benefits that will be available to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. When you start you are eligible to join the Royal London Group Personal Pension ("RLGPP"). The RLGPP is a defined contribution scheme which staff can contribute to each month.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme. All permanent employees with three years continuous service are eligible for membership of the Royal London Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers. Childcare Vouchers help contribute towards the cost of childcare while you are at work and are available as a salary conversion option.
- Flexible Working. In most cases the company operates a standard 35 hour working week (e.g. 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday). The Company is keen to provide staff with as much flexibility in their working arrangements as the business can support, and, subject to departmental requirements, you may agree hours with your line manager.
- Training. Training is tailored to individual needs and combines on the job training with in-house learning and development courses. Every encouragement and support is given to employees to obtain additional qualifications appropriate to the nature of their work and the needs of the business.
- Maternity & Paternity Pay. Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay is available to employees with qualifying service.
- Sports clubs. A number of sports clubs are run within the company, covering a range of activities from golf to flyfishing. These are open to all employees who wish to join.
We obviously want to continue delivering a first class service and develop the Scottish Life pensions business, and to help us achieve this we place great emphasis on successful training of our staff. We always strive to maintain a working environment which encourages both professional and personal development - whether it is through formal in-house training, or on the job instruction, every effort is made to ensure that you continue to make a significant contribution to the company while continuing your own personal development.
Further education and study is also encouraged, and where possible help is given to employees to obtain the appropriate professional qualifications - from Financial Planning Certificates to Actuarial Examinations, we are keen to offer you its support.