It's good for our customers. It's good for employees. It's good for the environment.
We concentrate our efforts in corporate responsibility in four main areas:
- The environment
- The community
- Our people.
We aimed to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption by 5% in 2009. In fact we reduced emissions by 12%.
In May 2009 we made a number of pledges as a company:
- To measure and report our business' carbon emissions publicly or to BITC (Business in the Community)
- To take action to reduce our business' carbon emissions
- To encourage employees to reduce their carbon emissions at home and at work
- To work in partnership with suppliers to reduce carbon emissions in the supply chain.
Our people go the extra mile for the causes we believe in.
- In 2009 we donated a total of £108,456 to charities and worthwhile community causes.
- During our 'Miles for MacMillan' fundraising campaign, one of our senior board members cycled 977 miles from Lands End to John O'Groats.
We are committed to putting our customers first and making sure we continue to improve our services. We adhere to the core FSA principle of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
Without doubt our people are our most valuable assets. So, we go to great lengths to invest in them. In 2009:
- 560 people took advantage of the free seasonal flu vaccination
- 2,630 people took place in at least one training course
- Occupational Health Team carried out over 750 individual consultations.
Visit the Royal London website for more information.
For professional advisers only