Understanding your issues,
listening to your needs,
custom building the ideal
package for your scheme.
We have been managing and administering defined benefit pension schemes for almost 50 years. This gives us a front line insight into the challenges and problems you face as trustees. Our defined benefit proposition is designed to meet your needs and the needs of your scheme, no matter how challenging or complex.
With our mix and match approach, we provide you with the building blocks to create a custom-built defined benefit scheme.
- Efficient, effective administration - We know that it's essential to get the basics right, every time. Developed in conjunction with HR directors, trustees and scheme managers of some of the UK's biggest companies, we provide an innovative online administration platform. Backed by outstanding levels of personal service, you can be sure that your scheme has a solid foundation.
- Actuarial services - A core of essential Actuarial services such as tri-ennial valuations plus the option to buy enhanced services such as special calculations on early or late retirement. All provided by qualified professionals and competitively priced.
- Accounting services - All the accountancy work you'd normally associate with a defined benefit scheme comes in a core package. Additional services as and when required are available on request.
- Trustee services - Designed to make your role easier. We have designed some useful tools which will help with scheme governance - Business plan template, Quarterly stewardship report (for schemes with over 100 members) and Data analysis reports. We can also provide trustee training and secretarial services if required.
- Investment services - Our strategic asset allocation tool looks at the specific liabilities and assets of your specific scheme and suggests an investment allocation strategy based on attitude to risk and the time over which future liabilities will arise. In addition, a wide range of funds are available from leading fund managers.
Our fully insured option
If you simply want all your scheme services, including scheme investments, under one roof. We offer a fully insured defined benefit contract that benefits from much of the expertise detailed above.
Total control, total choice
With defined benefit from Scottish Life, we want you to get the most from your money. You only pay for what you need, when you need it. Added to our decades of expertise and commitment to the defined benefit market, we're sure we can provide the ideal solution for you.